A quick guide to Quality Policies
A QUICK GUIDE TO QUALITY POLICIES
Quality policies come in all shapes and sizes, sometimes as policy statements, sometimes as customer service policies or customer satisfaction programmes.
All Quality policies should be easy to read and publicly available or available on demand.
A BASIC QUALITY POLICY/STATEMENT WILL NORMALLY INCLUDE:
- A commitment to meet customer expectations
- A commitment to provide prompt, polite and knowledgeable service
- Guarantees against work undertaken for up to 10 years
- The opportunity to access references from other clients
For larger organisations there is often a commitment to meet the requirements of the Quality standard ISO 9001 which gives a much more structured approach to the Quality process but is often associated with products rather than services.
TO GO BEYOND A BASIC POLICY A SUPPLIER MAY INCLUDE:
- A positive commitment to get it right first time, on time, every time
- To continually improve on performance and to meet or exceed customer expectations on an ongoing basis
- To provide customer feedback forms for all activity and show follow up actions
- To provide 100% feedback from clients
Back to CSR Basics
Corporate Responsibility Case Studies
Bovis Lend Lease